...continued from Part 2 (The Lama Pool and Cafe Art)
Vivere Hotel has a restaurant at the 31st floor called The Nest.
The place used to be a bar called the Sky Lounge but they reconceptualized and changed the whole look. I actually like it better now.
Despite the beautiful ambiance, The Nest isn't strictly formal. But please abide by the dress code. NO shirts, sando, singlets or slippers!
The infinity pool is now just part of the whole interior. Swimming is not allowed anymore.
I love the chairs, tables, and sofas surrounding the pool. It's like you're in a resort outside of Metro Manila.
There's a nice private spot by the corner that's perfect for romantic dates.
I was supposed to get my welcome drink but I was wearing shorts and slippers. Although they didn't say I couldn't stay, I was nahihiya since there we was already a sign in front about the dress code. I just made reservations for Friday night so T and I can try the food.
This is how The Nest looks at night.
I asked for a table by the edge so we can enjoy this view while having dinner.
It's a bit dark outside with just this lamp lighting our table.
After taking our order, the server gave us Dinner Rolls with butter and cheese pimiento.
T got Grilled Prawns (P610+SC) served with herbed butter sauce. For his sides, T got roasted vegetables and potatoes. T said it was good.
On the other hand, I got the Salmon and Lapu-Lapu Duo (P660+SC), a fillet of pan-fried salmon with sauteed spinach and clam sauce together with a fillet of pan-fried lapu-lapu in Hollandaise sauce, served with asparagus and mushroom pilaf. Because of the combination of all the sauces and the two kinds of fish, it's such a flavorful dish but the mushroom pilaf neutralizes it all. I highly recommend this.
For our drinks, T got an Iced Tea (P125+SC)....
...while I got Vivere's Drink of the Month called Easter Cottontail (P345+SC) which is a mix of hami melon and watermelon laced with grenadine syrup and white rhum. It even comes with a complimentary toy! ;)
The wait was just a bit long since the restaurant was full but T and I enjoyed our dinner at The Nest.
As for my staycation, I've been in the hotel for four days but I wish I could stay longer! I think that was just the kind of rest that I needed.
Vivere Hotel (stay)
- Best service! I was always attended to wherever I was in the hotel.
- Very courteous staff, especially housekeeping and in the pool area during Good Friday. They never made us feel like they didn't want to work during a holy holiday.- Free valet parking for checked-in guests.
- Free wifi in the hotel rooms and all public.
- Complete amenities: pool, jacuzzi, gym, playroom, and a spa.
- Extra layer of security because each floor has a separate entrance that can only be opened by a card provided upon check-in.
- Beautifully decorated rooms.
- Our complimentary water bottles were always replenished without us having to ask for it.
The Nest (dinner)
- The ambiance and the view!
- Perfect for romantic dates or family dinners.
- Good food at reasonable prices considering the set-up and the ambiance.
I definitely recommend Vivere Hotel for your next staycation!
Staycation Date: 16-19 April 2014
5102 Bridgeway Avenue
Tel No.: (02) 771-7777